Sunday, May 16, 2010

Garage? What garage?

As I mentioned a month or so ago, the "great RI flood of 2010" turned my garage into a big, deep, pool of mud and soggy drywall pieces.  After a rather interesting, and certainly entertaining, engage with people on craigslist, we got a guy to tear it down and trash it for just $700.  Then, we got some other guy (also craigslist) to drop off 14 yards of dirt.  Apparently this included a free trimming of our bushes, as his massive dump truck drove over our hedges. Kind, right?

We got way too much dirt. So I finally got the chance to build my raised beds!

We took a two-tiered approach, using the tallest tier as a little wall when you pull into the driveway. 

The top tier is for flowers and flowery bushes, which should fill out quite nicely in the upcoming summers.

The bottom tier is my favorite. Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, squash, zucchini, cucumber, peas, chives, cilantro, mint, basil, thyme, lavender, and some other things that have started popping up but I completely forget what they are.

Ohhh I love summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment