Monday, January 4, 2010

Red Velvet

The wax rings are at the caster! I'm kind of cringing at the impending doom when I go to pick them up... Big money, I think. Big money, little wallet.
But, the good news is that I won't have to worry about that until Thursday! In the meantime, I can focus my efforts elsewhere... Like setting up my Etsy shop. Trust me, it's not because I'm lazy that I haven't done it, it's just a pain in the ass to do. I chalk it up to poor graphic design.
What I really plan on doing is baking. I'm going to give Red Velvet cupcakes a try. For those of you born and raised in the North (like me), it seems that this is kind of a Southern thing... They're cupcakes, but red. Really red. And I'm not sure that there is actually anything different about them, other than food coloring. (oops, I think I gave away that secret...)
My dilemma is that I recently realized the difference between "homemade" and "professional" looking cupcakes. A pastry bag! This little bag allows you to squeeze out all that delicious frosting in an aesthetically pleasing manner. Without one, you're stuck with the butter knife spreading technique. Not professional. Trust me.
I have plans to create my own pastry bag. Anyone have a big Ziploc I can borrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment