Sunday, April 4, 2010

To be or not to be... a vendor.

I have been considering the idea of applying for a spot at one of the local farmer's markets.  Although it seems like a no-brainer, a few things are holding me back.
1. Do I really have the time to create enough pieces to fill a 10x10 space?
We all remember how stressed I was about the last big event I participated in. Elan was probably contemplating murder, just to put both of us out of our misery.  And this would be so much more!
2. A 10x10 space requires some fashion of furnishing, of which I do not have.
So, now I also need to think about acquiring tables and possibly a tent. Plus, you can't just pop up some tables and say you're open for business. You need some finesse! How would I display the jewelry [that I have to find the time to make].  And then there's getting change, and bags.... and table clothes, at the very least.
3.  I like to sleep in late.
Yes, the market opens early, which means I would need to be there even earlier.  On a Saturday.  I know, I know, stupid reason.

So, thoughts? Has anyone ever done one of these before? Or want to share a booth? Or at least give me some words of wisdom?
Anything? Anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment